In the modern era of technology, the HDTV antennas are quickly replacing the cable TVs. The best benefits of them are their long-range top-quality signal handling, easy setup, and negligible costs. When you install an outdoor/indoor antenna to watch your favorite shows, you need not to pay hefty monthly fees to your cable TV subscriptions. But, choosing the best antenna depends on various factors and the location is the most considerable one. Today, we will take a look at the most used outdoor antennas in wooded locations and rural areas.
- Best Antenna for Wooded Area
- 1. Tree New Bee Amplified Outdoor HDTV Antenna – 150 Miles Range
- 2. Winegard HD8200U Long Range Outdoor TV Antenna
- 3. Vilso Outdoor Amplified HDTV Antenna for Wooded Areas
- 4. Vansky Outdoor OTA HDTV Antenna for Wooded Areas
- 5. Antennas Direct 8 Element Bowtie Indoor/Outdoor Antenna
- 6. 1Byone Digital Outdoor/Roof HDTV Antenna
- 7. Xtreme Signal HDB91X Yagi Style HDTV Antenna for Wooded Areas
Best Antenna for Wooded Area
1. Tree New Bee Amplified Outdoor HDTV Antenna – 150 Miles Range
With the long 150 miles of signal range, 360° motorized rotation, wireless controller; the HDTV outdoor antenna from Tree New Bee will allow you to watch your favorite channels without paying monthly subscriptions. It comes with a pre-assembled design and extra hardware to give you options for different placements.
Features of Tree New Bee Outdoor HDTV Antenna for Wooded Area are:
- It has an extra-long range for capturing digital HD TV broadcast signals and resolution support of 720P, 1080i, and 1080P.
- The weather-resistant design will help to get stronger signals even in the bad outside environment.
- The precision-tuned manufacturing will allow the antenna to capture both the UHF and VHF broadcasting frequencies to offer HD content on your TV.
- You can easily set up this antenna at the rooftop by following just a few steps to enjoy HD content on your TV.
- It comes with an inbuilt low noise amplifier. It supports up to two TVs, so you need not to worry for setting up multiple antennas to enjoy watching TVs in different rooms.
- It has a working efficiency of 470MHz to 860MHz for UHF signals and 40MHz to 300MHz for VHF signals.
- You will get an HDTV antenna with an inbuilt rotor, a rotor control box, an amplifier, a 40-foot coaxial cable, a wireless remote control, and a power supply in this package.
2. Winegard HD8200U Long Range Outdoor TV Antenna
The platinum series HDTV antenna from Winegard will allow you to see the maximum content on your television set. It can receive both the UHF and VHF broadcasting signals from a distance of 65 miles.
Features of Winegard HD8200U Outdoor HDTV Antenna are:
- It will allow you to watch 4K Ultra HD TV channels at your home or office without paying any cable subscription fees.
- Its zinc plated steel hardware structure provides maximum resistance against corrosion, and the polyurethane boot cover delivers efficient performance in all weather conditions and for the houses surrounded by disturbing outsides like trees, hills, tall buildings, etc.
- You can pair it with your streaming devices like Google Chromecast, Fire TV, Roku, etc. to watch maximum programs.
- It will help you to watch thousands of TV shows for news, weather, sports updates, your favorite episodes, etc. with programs like Amazon, Netflix, etc. with minimum costs.
- With the free Winegard app on your smartphone, you will be able to locate free over-the-air HDTV towers available in your area.
3. Vilso Outdoor Amplified HDTV Antenna for Wooded Areas
If you are living in the suburban or rural areas, then you will like to get this outdoor HDTV antenna from Vilso. Its weather resistant and long-range design will provide better signal quality in any kind of surroundings compared to the other ordinary external antennas. This antenna comes with iron made mount pole which is weather resistant and helps you to make an easy & quick installation.
Features of Vilso Outdoor HDTV Antenna for Wooded Areas are:
- With the help of the easy to follow user manual, you can quickly set it up on the roof of your home or office without facing any difficulties.
- It supports full HD resolution of 1080P, 1080i, and 720P to let you enjoy your favorite channels in stunning visuals.
- This yagi type antenna has a range of 150 miles with a 32dB high-gain from the broadcasting tower which makes it one of the best outdoor antennas for long distances.
- The inbuilt 360-degree motor rotor will help you to search for the best reception in either direction. It also comes with a low noise super amplifier.
- It has the frequency range of 40MHz to 300MHz for VHF signals and 470MHz to 860MHz for the UHF signals.
- The wireless remote control will allow you to control the antenna from the inside of your house.
- It supports up to two television sets at a time so no worry if you want to enjoy watching sports without disturbing your wife from watching her daily soaps.
4. Vansky Outdoor OTA HDTV Antenna for Wooded Areas
This long-range amplified outdoor antenna from Vansky delivers high-quality signal bandwidth to allow watching your favorite shows without paying subscription fees. If you are living in a rural or suburban area surrounded by trees, then this antenna is perfect to set on your rooftop to enjoy undisturbed channel network.
Features of Vansky Outdoor Antenna for Wooded Area are:
- It will help you to enjoy watching your favorite shows on up to two TV sets at a time. You will not require any additional adapter or a second HDTV antenna for that.
- It can receive UHF and VHF signals from a distance of 150 miles with a working frequency of 470 to 890MHz for UHF and 40 to 300MHz for VHF.
- The inbuilt 360° motor comes with a wireless remote controller to adjust the direction of the antenna for the most reliable signal reception.
- The weather-resistant design will provide you stable signal quality even in the rainstorm, lighting, and snowy conditions.
- In the box, you will get an outdoor HDTV antenna, a wireless remote controller, a 32.8-foot coaxial cable, and a power adapter.
- The company provides a 45-day money back guarantee and a one year warranty to allow you to have a hassle-free purchase.
5. Antennas Direct 8 Element Bowtie Indoor/Outdoor Antenna
This uniquely designed bowtie antenna from Antennas Direct allows you to get broadcasting signals from the multiple directions at the same time if you are living in the area where there are disturbing objects like trees, buildings, etc. then you should get this device as no any other bowtie antenna can deliver an efficient performance as it.
Features of Antennas Direct DB8e Indoor Outdoor Antenna are:
- This antenna has a 70-mile range for the signal reception. You can also choose the options from the 45-mile and 60-mile antennas with or without mounting poles.
- You can enjoy watching free TV channels from the networks like CBS, ABC, Fox, Univision, PBS, etc. in a full HD 1080P resolution.
- It comes with a multi-purpose arrangement facility which allows you to make an easy installation in the areas where you need to set the device for receiving signals from different directions.
- The package includes a DB8e antenna, weather-resistant mounting hardware, an instruction manual.
- You will get a lifetime warranty on all the parts provided by the company.
6. 1Byone Digital Outdoor/Roof HDTV Antenna
This digital outdoor antenna from 1byone helps you to get all the local broadcasts in a high definition resolution through VHF and UHF signals. It can withstand against harsh weather conditions and provide stable signal output. When you install this antenna on the roof of your home, you will not need to pay hefty monthly subscription fees.
Features of 1byone Digital Outdoor Antenna for Wooded Area are:
- It is available in three different styles to choose from; 100 miles, 60 miles, and 80 miles.
- You can easily install it on the rooftop without any professional help to enjoy watching high definition channels at no cost.
- It supports full HD 1080P, ultra HD 4K, and 3D channels in a Dolby 5.1 surround sound.
- It has a cross-phase, multi-element construction which will provide resistance against extremely harsh weather conditions.
- You need to worry about the outside environment as this antenna will provide anti-sun, anti-snow, and stormy-ready performance throughout the year.
- In the package, you will get two antenna booms, two reflectors, one bracket, one dipole box, installation hardware, one 1.5m coaxial cable, and one power supply adapter unit.
- You will get a 24-month warranty and a 90-day money-back guarantee from the company.
7. Xtreme Signal HDB91X Yagi Style HDTV Antenna for Wooded Areas
Xtreme Signal has provided some of the best Yagi style antennas at affordable prices to the world. If you want high-powered, high definition antennas which can capture signals from the long distances, then get this top-quality antenna and enjoy watching your favorite channels at zero monthly fees. It delivers excellent performance in the areas surrounded by hard objects like tall buildings, trees, etc.
Features of Xtreme Signal HDB91X Outdoor Yagi Antenna are:
- It is available in four styles including 35 miles, 50 miles, 60 miles, and 70 miles which means you can get the right antenna according to your needs.
- The inbuilt 75Ohm transformer has a pigtail old style design which will deliver weatherproof performance, always.
- The back reflector is strong enough to eliminate the signal interference and to provide better visuals with stable frequencies.
- It comes with the mounting hardware which will allow you to adjust the antenna angle as per the direction of the broadcasting tower for getting the best reception.
- With 60dB gain, it can capture both the UHF and VHF types of signals to let you enjoy contents from your favorite networks.
- The company provides a six-month warranty on the product to offer you a worry-free purchase.
Find the right outdoor antenna
There are certain things that you can consider while picking up the perfect outdoor antennas for watching your favorite shows without paying hefty fees to the cable subscriptions.
First of all, if possible, determine the direction of the broadcasting tower from your home. It will help you to check the type of the signal you can receive and the type of antenna you will need for that. If you don’t know the method to find the right direction, then you can take help of the websites that can determine the closest broadcasting tower.
Then, create a list of the most common and favorite channels that you want to enjoy on your TV. FYI, each channel has its own call sign which varies from region to region. Again, the websites like ‘TV Fool’ can help you to identify your preferred channels and their stations.
The type of antenna (indoor or outdoor) depends on the surroundings of your home and the location of the broadcasting tower. If you are living in a suburban or rural area where there are the chances of the tall trees in your home premise, I recommend going for the outdoor antennas.
There are some other factors like the frequencies that you will need to receive the best signal quality, the type of the antenna like directional or multi-directional, the return policy of the company from which you are purchasing the antenna, the included things you get in the package, and also the price of the unit.
If you ask me that which is the best outdoor HDTV antenna which is the primary purpose of this post, then I will say that all the products included in the list are best. But, we cannot buy all of them. As per my considerations and the user reviews, I can say that the Tree New Bee amplified antenna is the best long range antenna with a 150-mile range and strong signal reception.
So, I think it is the time now to say goodbye to the monthly subscription fees that you pay to the cable operator and to welcome the easy to set up, affordable, reliable, and modern way to enjoy watching your favorite shows in high definition.
Which antenna will you prefer to go for? How is the surrounding to your home? How is the weather there? Please share your inputs in the comment section below. I will love to know about that.