When compared to Wi-Fi, wired connections are faster. They are also more reliable than wireless connections. But, if you want the fastest Internet connection, you can’t just pick any Ethernet cable. There are quite a few options out there based on category, length, and style.
Best Ethernet Cable for Streaming
|Title||Amazon Basics RJ45||Cable Matters 160021 ||Mediabridge Ethernet Cable |
|Category||Cat-6||Cat-6||Cat6 / Cat5e / Cat5|
|Tranfer Rate||1 Gbps or 10000 Mbps||High speed data transfer||speeds up to 10 gigabits per second|
|Length||3 feet to 50 feet||1 foot to 14 feet|| 3 feet to 100 feet|
In this article, we dig deeper to find the best Ethernet cable for streaming:
1) Amazon Basics RJ45 Cat-6 Ethernet Patch Cable
The Amazon Basics Cat-6 Ethernet cable is secure, reliable, and affordable. It comes with an RJ45 connector, which means you can connect it with just about anything; it has universal connectivity.
Let’s take a look at its features:
- It is an excellent choice for office networks, home networks, video streaming, etc.
- Just like any other Ethernet cable, it connects devices through a wired LAN
- It has the capacity of transmitting data at 1 Gbps or 10000 Mbps, making it at least ten times faster than Cat-5
- Bandwidth: 250 MHz
- You can choose the length of the cable from 3 feet to 50 feet based on your requirements
- Amazon offers 1-year limited warranty for this product
- A few users dislike the fact that these cables are bulky
2) Cable Matters 160021 Cat6 Snagless Ethernet Cable
This is probably the best Ethernet cable for 4k streaming today. You can also use it seamlessly for video surveillance, cloud computing, and quick data transfer. You can buy them in sets of 5 so that all your connections are stable and secure.
Here’s a closer look at its features:
- The Cable Matters Cat6 Snagless Ethernet Patch Cable lets you enjoy universal connectivity. You can use these cables for computer servers, PCs, switch boxes, PoE devices, VoIP phones, NAS, and much more.
- The connectors are strong and secure with 50 mm gold-plated contacts and molded strain-relief.
- Bandwidth: Up to 550 MHz
- The cable comes with bare copper conductors, ensuring even better performance.
- The snagless design allows seamless plugging
- It is RoHS compliant and ETL verified
- The jacket material is PVC
- It is backward compatible with Cat5e and Cat5
- You can choose cable length from 1 foot to 14 feet
3) Mediabridge Ethernet Cable for Streaming
The Mediabridge Ethernet cable is highly versatile in that you can use it for Cat6 and Cat5e applications. The RJ45 connector contributes to this since you can use it for both kinds of ports. It has 24 AWG stranded conductors and four twisted pairs, which are separated by PE insulation.
We have elaborated a few of its features below:
- Bandwidth: 550 MHz
- You can rely on these cables for high-speed data transfer for cloud computing, high definition video streaming, video surveillance, server applications, etc.
- It comes with a reusable Velcro strap to help you organize and store with utmost ease.
- It complies with TIA/EIA 568B.2 and ISO/IEC 11801, which means it has been marked safe for in-wall installations.
- It offers speeds up to 10 gigabits per second
- The available lengths range from 3 feet to 100 feet
- The connector is snagless and has gold-plated contacts
- The diameter of these cables is 5.8 mm
4) XINCA Cat6 Ethernet Cable for Streaming
The XINCA Ethernet cable has quite a few distinguishing features such as the flat wire and 0.06-inch thickness. The flat profile allows it to be neatly hidden under carpets and behind furniture with ease. Thus, if you have space problems or are looking at wired solutions that don’t ruin your aesthetics, this is the cable for you.
Let’s take a look at a few of its characteristics:
- The cable comes with cable clips so that you don’t have to hunt for specific clips later on
- You can enjoy universal connectivity with the XINCA Ethernet cable, using it to connect switch boxes, NAS, Gigabit Ethernet switch, network media players, routers, printers, and more.
- They are made of 100% bare copper wire.
- The cables are RoHS compliant.
- Data transfer speed capability is up to 1 Gbps.
- It has a molded, snagless boot.
- RJ45 promises universal connectivity.
- It is one the most affordable and best Ethernet cables for streaming.
5) TNP Cat7 Ethernet Network Cable
The Cat7 cable is the latest of its kind in the market today. It offers connections up to 10 Gbps, making it an excellent choice for gaming and 4k streaming. It is also downward compatible with Cat6, Cat5e, and Cat5.
Some of its features are as follows:
- The bandwidth offered is up to 600 MHz.
- The brand promises error-free signal transfer.
- It is an RJ45 patch cable, which implies that it provides universal connectivity.
- It supports 10 BASE-T, 100 BASE-T, 1000 BASE-T, and 10GBASE-T.
- You may find the price towards the higher end, but since they are the latest ones, the price tag is almost justified.
Now that you have a bright idea of the best Ethernet cables for streaming and other purposes, we would love to hear which one you purchased! Share your thoughts below in the comment section. Also, let us know if we have missed something important here.