We live in a world of high-speed Wi-Fi that connects us to the world. We can play games, share documents, and program at our convenience without the hassle of wires or connectivity issues. Yet, in many cases, Ethernet cable is a better choice.
This is mainly because we have better connectivity and speed with Ethernet cables. The data flow is direct, and thus, you can enjoy fantastic speed without hassle. Gamers and programmers especially prefer using it because even slight connectivity or speed issues can ruin the game or the program completely.
What If the Cable is Too Short?
Now, sometimes, the Ethernet cable is just not as long as you would want it to be. Maybe it does not reach your favorite place to work or may be it is too short. In such cases do you resort to Wi-Fi and the risks it comes with? You really don’t have to compromise like that. You can simply join two Ethernet cables to extend the network cable connection.
How to Connect Two Ethernet Cables?
Here’s how you can do that:
- Look online for an Ethernet coupler. This little thing can solve your problems in a jiffy. The best part is that it is cheap and very easily available on the market.
- The coupler has two provisions for Ethernet cables, one on each end. Take the first cable and plug into one of the provisions. Make sure it is correctly plugged in. You will hear a click of assurance when it does. Plug the second cable into the other provision.
- That’s it! You are good to go!
How to Unplug the Ethernet Cables From the Coupler?
If you want to use the Ethernet cables separately every once in a while, you can unplug them from the coupler with ease.
- You will see a small part of the Ethernet cable protruding from the coupler. Press that slightly and pull.
- Follow the same if you want to unplug the other cable as well.
- Now you can use the cables normally.
So, you got the knowledge about how you can extend the Ethernet cable connection through an Ethernet coupler. Now, I will provide the information about the best Ethernet coupler available in the market today. Let’s check its details below.
UGREEN RJ45 Cat7 Cat6 Cat5e Ethernet Cable Extender Adapter
This RJ45 Ethernet coupler from UGREEN is the perfect device to extend the network connection when you find the Ethernet cables are too short to make the proper connectivity. The contacts are plated with nickel which means you will have corrosion free and secure connection.
- This in-line Ethernet cable extender can provide the speed of up to 10 Gigabits
- It is a female to the female jack which can work with all types of cables including Cat7, Cat6, Cat5e, Cat5, etc.
- The plastic material is fire resistant and impact resistant
- It is compatible with RoHS and TIA/EIA 568-C.2 standards
Are there other ways to connect two Ethernet cables together that you know of? Comment below!