PoE stands for Power over Ethernet. It works to carry signals in a network to connected devices without the need for an adapter. A PoE camera requires an Ethernet connection, which is why the type of cable you choose is important. Our article is dedicated to this step and will guide you through the buying process.
Best Ethernet Cable For PoE Camera – Buying Guide
Following are the considerations you should make to end up with a good Ethernet cable for your PoE camera:
- Installation of the cable should be easy and straightforward. The environmental conditions should have little to no impact on the performance of the PoE.
- Check the temperature rating of the cable. It should be 60 degrees or more.
- Make sure there’s adequate shielding around the cable and not F/UTP. This is the standard shielding, but it won’t be suitable for PoE cameras because it does not dissipate heat efficiently.
- Choose a cable with a large conductor size to make conductor resistance better.
To make the buying process incredibly easy for you, we have come up with a list of the best Ethernet cables at the moment. Needless to say, these are backed by our experts and you can choose any of them without qualms.
1. ZOSI Cat5e Ethernet Cable – 60 Feet
For a high-speed network, you can pick this Ethernet cable, which is 60 feet long and weatherproof. It is suitable for outdoor applications thanks to its many good features such as the following:
- This is a Cat5e cable with an RJ45 connector.
- You can connect it to the computer, router, PoE devices, network media players, etc.
- It has a PVC connector, and the entire cable is made of sturdy plastic.
- Since it has been made for PoE devices specifically, you will see high efficiency and heat dissipation in this application.
- All connectors are gold-plated.
- The cable can transmit up to 155 MHz.
2. ANNKE PoE Ethernet Cable – 100 Feet
Here’s a long Ethernet cable with a high-speed guarantee and reliability. It is very popular among homeowners for many reasons such as the ones mentioned below:
- It has been made specifically for PoE devices and can be used outdoors.
- It is waterproof and has a 0.5 CCA wire core.
- The cable can provide up to 100 Mbps speed without latency.
- It has an RJ45 connector and a crystal plug that is resistant to oxidation. It is sturdy enough to withstand outdoor weather conditions.
- The cable has PVC wrapping and is very enduring. The makers promise hassle-free longevity.
- It works well with all brands of PoE systems as well as NVR systems.
- It has passed rigorous standard tests such as DC loop resistance, attenuation, wire map, and return loos testing.
3. Amcrest Cat5e Cable for PoE Security Cameras
This is a 4-pack cable set consisting of 4 100-feet Ethernet cables. Amcrest is a well-known brand that sells good-quality cables with versatile applications such as computers, laptops, PS4, PoE devices, smart TVs, etc. Read on to find out more:
- The cable has a twisted pair and ends in an RJ45 connector.
- You don’t have to worry about signal loss or latency with this cable.
- It delivers an excellent connection with low resistance and high attenuation.
- The 100-feet cable is easy to install and will deliver performance at par with the router and Internet connection’s capability.
- The makers offer a 30-day return in case you are not satisfied.
4. Swann Security Cat5 Ethernet Cable
This cable comes in standard packaging, but its performance is superior. It is a 100-feet cable for PoE cameras. It can also work as an NVR extension cord. Its features are listed below:
- You can install it very easily and without any professional help.
- It delivers very high performance for audio, video, and power.
- The cable comes with a VW-1 rating, which promises safety and fire resistance.
- You can use it with a variety of PoE cameras and NVRs.
- It is a premium FT-1 rated cable that works just as expected.
5. Hiseeu Cat5e PoE Ethernet Cable – 65 Feet
If you are looking for a very high-speed Ethernet cable, you should look no further. The Hiseeu cable offers 1 gigabit/sec speed along with some more spectacular features. We have enlisted them below:
- It is compatible with most PoE systems including Dahua, Hikvision, Samsung, GW, and Zmodo.
- It has a waterproof RJ45 connector and a shielded metal coupler. Together, these ensure that the cable performs optimally outdoors and indoors.
- It can support 10 Gigabits/sec, making it the most powerful cable on our list.
- It meets standard 5e performance and exceeds it in many instances.
- The cable’s diameter is 6.2mm and it has a flexible PVC jacket for protection.
When it comes to Ethernet cables for PoE cables, you can’t really go wrong with this list. All the options are reliable and have very high ratings. Depending on the length you want and the specific features you are looking for, you can shortlist even further and decide. All the best.